Dear praying friends,
We have a small window of opportunity ahead of us this summer.
Would you join us in asking God to make our way clear?
The open doors in front of us include:
- A chance to visit Nigeria from mid-August to mid-September, between the end of Hugh’s summer courses in North Dakota and the start of Becky’s fall courses in Oregon
- A chance for Hugh to finish his coursework for his MA at the University of North Dakota
- A chance for Becky to work with a professor at UND and at the same time get a tuition discount that can be applied to Hugh’s studies, this will also be a time to prepare for the weeks in Nigeria to have the best plan possible to collect important language data
The challenges ahead of us include:
- The cost of getting to Nigeria ($3600 in airfare, ≈$350 in fees for Nigerian Visas), cost of travel and living while in Nigeria ($800 – $1500)
- The cost of non-tuition expenses for Hugh at UND ($1300 for room and board, ≈$500 in administrative fees, plus the cost of travel to North Dakota from Oregon)
- Unpredictable unrest in parts of Nigeria
Please pray for wisdom for us as we decide in the coming weeks
- How we should walk through these open doors
- When we should apply for Nigerian visas
- When we should buy tickets, which tickets/route