Yes, this is an announcement. We are excited to announce that we are expecting our first child in September. Becky has been recently acquainted with morning sickness… and juggling her teaching and research load. Thanks for praying with us through this time! No, we don’t yet know if the baby is a boy or girl, but all doctors’ reports are of a healthy baby.
Below are some praises and prayer requests related to this anticipated arrival and the months between now and September.
- A healthy baby!
- Significant ease of pregnancy symptoms now that Becky has reached the second trimester.
- God’s provision for our needs!
- Good health insurance coverage for all baby related medical care.
- Success for Becky’s Fulbright funding application in passing the preliminary rounds of the competition. See related prayer request below.
- Significant progress for Hugh on his MA thesis and an official notice from the University of North Dakota that he is still eligible to complete his degree this summer.
- A healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby!
- God’s provision for our monthly financial needs.
- Wisdom regarding buying a house. We have been looking for a house to buy as mentioned in our news in December. We have made several offers on various properties, but have not had any accepted by the sellers. Eugene has a very competitive housing market for the size/price house that we would like.
- A larger space. Since Hugh works from a home office and we have a baby on the way, our little two bedroom house will become rather cramped come September. Pray with us for the right space, whether that be renting at a different location, finding the right house to buy, or some other creative way to fit in the space we have. Our current lease is up at the end of June, but we must make a decision by June 1.
- Wisdom regarding timing for a return to Nigeria.
- Preparation for the soon to be parents.
- A peaceful transition of power in Nigeria. The president-elect is scheduled to take office on May 19, 2015.
- Favor with the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board who will decide on Becky’s funding application by some time in June. All of the paper work is in. We can only pray expectantly. This funding would cover most of our travel, equipment and research costs for 9 months in Nigeria, making her Ph.D. dissertation possible.